• Natural Gas News

    Touchstone secures five-year licence extension in Trinidad

Summary

The company has already drilled five wells at Ortoire, all of which made discoveries.

by: NGW

Posted in:

Complimentary, Natural Gas & LNG News, Americas, Corporate, Exploration & Production, Political, Licensing rounds, News By Country, Trinidad and Tobago

Touchstone secures five-year licence extension in Trinidad

Calgary-based Touchstone Exploration reported on March 11 it had secured a five-year licence extension for the Ortoire block in Trinidad and Tobago, where it has made a series of gas discoveries in recent years.

Touchstone has a 80% interest in the licence, while local partner Heritage Petroleum holds the remaining 20%. Trinidad and Tobago's energy ministry has informed the pair that they have approved a five-year extension of the exploration period for the block until July 31, 2026.

Over that time, Touchstone is required to drill three exploration wells to depths of at least 6,000 ft. The company has already drilled five wells at Ortoire, all of which made discoveries.