Terms and Conditions
We strongly recommend that you read these Terms and Conditions in their entirety as it sets out the terms of a legally binding agreement between you and Minoils Media Ltd.
These terms & conditions set out how you may use naturalgasworld.com, Natural Gas World, Natural Gas World Magazine, our newsletters, Global Gas Perspectives and any other the content/services available on them (collectively the “NGW Content”). We use the terms “NGW” and “NGW.com” to refer to our website at naturalgasworld.com and our mobile and online digital apps and services. Except where we state otherwise, references in these terms and conditions to “NGW” (or “we”, “us” or “our”) refer to the Minoils Media Ltd., which operates naturalgasworld.com. Our Terms & Conditions are only made available in the English language.
2. Personal Subscription Services
The following relates to a personal subscription to NGW and a corporate/multiuser plan. A personal license includes those subscriptions whereby a corporation assigns a specific user to each related subscription. This differs from Site License. (please contact email@example.com for details of a Corporate Subscription and Site Licenses)
These terms apply to your use of naturalgasworld.com and all NGW Content irrespective of the delivery platform or device you use to access it. By accessing NGW you are agreeing to these terms and conditions. If you do not agree with the terms and conditions you should not use naturalgasworld.com or any NGW Content and should cancel any subscription in accordance with your cancellation rights, should they apply. If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Payment details: when you purchase a subscription, you undertake provide us with complete and accurate payment information. By submitting payment details, you undertake that you are entitled to purchase a subscription using those payment details. If we do not receive payment authorization or any authorization is subsequently cancelled, we may immediately terminate or suspend your access to your subscription. If you are entitled to a refund under these terms and conditions we will credit that refund to the card or other payment method you used to submit payment, unless it has expired in which case we will contact you. It is your responsibility to update and maintain changes to that information that impact the delivery to your subscription and payment of your subscription.
Pricing: the subscription price will be detailed clearly during the sign-up process. You agree to pay the fees at the rates notified to you at the time you purchase your subscription. For certain subscriptions you have the option of either an annual or monthly (or other frequency we offer) subscription. You can also take out any other fixed term or payment frequency that we may offer from time to time. Your subscription is payable in US Dollars (USD$). Eligibility for any discounts is ascertained at the time you subscribe and cannot be changed during the term of your subscription.
Activation: NGW will try to process your subscription promptly but does not guarantee that your subscription will be activated by any specified time. By submitting your payment and other subscription details, you are making an offer to us to buy a subscription. Your offer will only be accepted by us and a contract formed when we have successfully verified your payment details and email address, at which point we will provide you with access to your subscription. NGW reserves the right to reject any offer in its discretion, for any or no reason.
Taxes: Minoils Media Ltd is registered for Goods and Services Tax (“GST”) in Canada. Our GST registration number is 845602580 RT0001. Unless otherwise indicated, prices stated on our website are inclusive of any applicable GST payable.
Pricing errors: if we incorrectly state a price to you whether online or otherwise, we are not obliged to provide you with a subscription at that price, even if we have mistakenly accepted your offer to buy a subscription at that price, and we reserve the right to subsequently notify you of any pricing error. If we do this, you may cancel the subscription without any obligation to us and we will refund you any money you have paid us in full, or you may pay the correct price. If you refuse to exercise either of these choices then we may cancel your subscription and will refund you any money you have paid us in full. We will always act in good faith in determining whether a genuine pricing error has occurred.
Other costs: in addition to the subscription fee you are charged, certain banks and credit card issuers will charge a foreign transaction fee on transactions which take place abroad or in a foreign currency. Please check with your bank or credit card issuer to find out if such charges will be applied to you; NGW is not responsible for any such charges. You are also responsible for paying any internet connection or telecommunications charges that you may incur by accessing NGW.com or using the services available on it.
Trial subscriptions: Please note that no more than one trial subscription per subscriber, email address and/or IP address is allowed in any twelve month (12) period. We reserve the right to cancel any trial subscription at our discretion immediately, without notice.
NGW reserves the right to vary the amount of content and types of service that it makes available to different categories of user. If you are an NGW subscriber, any significant reduction in the scope of your subscription will take effect only after we have given you at least 30 days’ notice. This does not apply where a type of content or service intended for Premium subscriptions is made available to Basic subscribers on an introductory, temporary, trial or permanent basis.
3. Renewal and Cancellation of Personal Subscriptions
If you chose to pay monthly, your subscription will continue until you tell us that you no longer wish to receive it or if your payment method expires in which case you will stop paying the monthly fees. We will notify you at least 14 days in advance of any changes to the price in your subscription that will apply upon next monthly renewal. Please see the “How to cancel” section below for details of how to cancel your monthly subscription.
If you chose to pay annually, at least 7 days before each renewal you will be sent a reminder notice stating the rate that will apply for the renewal period. Your subscription will terminate unless you notify us before the end of your annual subscription period that you wish to renew it, If you are on pre-authorized payment, your annual subscription will renew for another year. We will charge the subscription using the same card or other payment method that you previously used.
Cancellation of your subscription: By placing your order you agree that we may start your subscription immediately upon our accepting your order. This means that you are not entitled to a refund if you change your mind after we have provided you with access to your subscription. Unless as set out in this section, you do not have any right to cancel your subscription or any part of it until the end of your then current subscription period. Although you may notify us of your intention to cancel at any time, such notice will only take effect at the end of your then current subscription period, and you will not receive a refund (except in the limited circumstances set out in these terms).
How to cancel: You may notify us of your wish to cancel your subscription by contacting us at email@example.com
Cancellations by us: NGW reserves the right to suspend or terminate your subscription if you breach these terms and conditions, with or without notice and without further obligation to you. We may also suspend or terminate your subscription if we are prevented from providing services to you by circumstances beyond our control. If we terminate your subscription for any reason and/or permanently cease publishing the NGW Content or cease to provide subscription services then, unless there are exceptional circumstances, we will attempt give you at least 90 days’ notice of this, if possible. If we do so, then we will have no further obligation to you, unless you are a personal subscriber in which case we will attempt to offer you a refund of the unexpired period of your paid subscription.
Cancellation of your NGW Basic (free) registration: If you have subscribed for NGW Basic (free), but are not a paid subscriber, then NGW reserves the right to suspend or terminate your registration at any time, with or without notice and without further obligation to you. You can also choose to delete your account and data by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org at any point during your free trial period.
4. Subscriber Conduct
The following guidelines outline the use Personal Subscription Services as set out in Section 2 above. You may only make use of the NGW Content other than as set out below, unless you buy the appropriate Site Licence.
- Subscribers may not share their user name and password with anyone else. Sharing a password means a copy of our content may subsequently be made by someone who is not authorised to do so. Password sharing is a breach of our terms and conditions and is likely to result in an infringement of copyright.
- You may not undertake any activities for the benefit of others with the aim of avoiding our use of password to control access to and use of NGW and NGW Content. We do not allow multiple users on a network or within an organization to use the same password. NGW may cancel or suspend your access to the NGW Content if you share your password without further obligation to you.
- You are responsible for all use of NGW.com and NGW Content made by you or anyone else using your password and for preventing unauthorised use of your password. If you believe there has been any breach of security such as the disclosure, theft or unauthorised use of your password or any payment information, you must notify NGW immediately by e-mailing us at email@example.com
- You understand that before accessing NGW.com and the NGW Content, it is your responsibility to take protective measures to guard against computer viruses and other destructive elements, such as through the use of industry standard and updated virus scanning tools, and to ensure that you have a complete, current and secure back-up of information and software on your computer or other devices that you may use to access NGW and the NGW Content.
Our copyright policy explains out how our visitors and subscribers are permitted to use the content on NGW. Copyright law gives the copyright owner the exclusive right to control the use of copyright protected works. All of the material published on our website and other digital/wireless platforms is protected by copyright law and can only be used as set out below. Use that is made without our permission may therefore infringe our copyright which can result in personal and corporate liability
Our Copyright Policy permits you to do following:
- View our content for your personal use on any device that is compatible with NGW.com
- Print single copies of articles on paper for your personal use
Our Copyright Policy DOES NOT permit you to do following:
- Copy, publish or redistribute full text articles, photographs, graphics, tables or images in any way, for example by pasting them into emails or republishing them in any media, including websites, newsletters or corporate intranets or third-party messaging services, except as permitted.
- Create derivative works from our content, unless you are creating summaries as described above.
- Photocopy or scan copies of articles.
- Use spidering technology or other datamining technologies to search and link to com.
- Create a database in electronic or structured manual from by systematically and/or regularly downloading, caching, printing and storing all or any NGW content (by spidering or otherwise).
- Frame, harvest, cache or scrape NGW Content or otherwise access NGW content for similar purposes.
- Use or attempt to use NGW Content outside the parameters we set depending on what subscription you have.
- You may not copy NGW Content from NGW or any third party source of NGW content that may or may not have received our permission for republication
We permit limited republishing and redistribution of NGW content as set out below provided on the basis that this does not create a Substitute for NGW’s own products or services. We define a Substitute as a product or service that reduces the need for users or other third parties to pay for NGW content directly, or which creates revenue from the NGW’s content to the detriment of NGWs own ability to generate revenues from that content.
As long as you do not create a Substitute, you may do the following:
- Publish online, the original NGW headline and a link to the article and the first 40 characters (an “article indication”) of an article ;
- Forward the original headlines, links and article text to other individuals;
- Download our RSS feeds and view them for your personal use.
You may republish or redistribute a ”Summary” of NGW articles if you comply with the conditions set out below. A “Summary” can be either an “extract” or an “abstract”. By “extract” we mean 30 words copied verbatim from an NGW article which are inserted into a longer original work. By “abstract” we mean a 30 word non-verbatim summary of the news or facts reported in an NGW article which does not form part of a longer work and does not misrepresent the original NGW article.
These are the conditions you must comply with in order to produce a summary:
- you source NGW as the author of any article from which you have derived a summary by way of an attribution such as “[journalist name] at the Natural Gas World reported that”, with a hypertext link from the word “Natural Gas World” to the original story published on naturalgasworld.com;
- in the case of abstracts, you make clear that the abstract has been produced by you by stating “this abstract from the Natural Gas World was produced by [name]”, with a hypertext link from the word “Natural Gas World ” to the original story published on naturalgasworld.com;
- you ensure that your summary(ies) do not in whole or in part form a Substitute for NGWs own products and services. No individual or organisation may create, republish or redistribute more than two (2) summaries in aggregate each day;
If NGW notifies you that it believes you are creating, republishing or redistributing summaries outside of these parameters, you shall immediately cease doing so and your rights to create summaries shall be regarded as having been withdrawn, unless/until NGW reaches an agreement with you regarding your use of NGW articles.
Please note that these guidelines are in place to avoid abuse of the use of content that NGW prepares on behalf of its legitimate subscribers and users. We are pleased, on a case by case basis, to provide flexibility to legitimate organizations who wish to incorporate the information NGW provides in their activities. Please contact us directly to discuss.
6. Third Party Sites, Content and Services
NGW may contain links to other Internet websites or online and mobile services provided by independent third parties, including websites of our advertisers and sponsors (“Third Party Sites”), that may appear on NGW, either directly or through frames. Third Party Sites may be co-branded with NGW and so include NGW identification. By Third Party Products we mean products or services provided by third parties.
Advertisers and sponsors are responsible for ensuring that material submitted for inclusion on NGW complies with international and national law. NGW is not responsible for any error or inaccuracy in advertising or sponsorship material.
It is your decision whether you purchase or use any Third Party Products and Services made available on or via Third Party Sites. In no circumstances do we accept responsibility for your use of Third Party Sites or in respect of any Third Party Products and Services.
Any NGW Content (including any information we publish regarding Third Party Products) is only for your general information and entertainment purposes and is not intended to address your particular requirements. Any agreements, transactions or other arrangements made between you and any third party named on (or linked to from) NGW are at your own responsibility and entered into at your own risk.
NGW and the NGW Content are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. This means that NGW does not make any promises or warranties in respect of NGW, NGW Content or the services and functions available on or through NGW or of the quality, completeness or accuracy of the information published on or linked to from NGW other than as expressly stated above.
The above disclaimers apply equally to your use of NGW and all NGW Content. Without limiting the above, NGW is not liable for matters beyond its reasonable control. NGW does not control third party communications networks (including your internet service provider), the internet, acts of god or the acts of third parties.
8. Limitation of Liability
You expressly understand and agree that in no event will Minoils Media Ltd. be responsible or liable to you or anyone else (jointly or severally) for any claim, loss or damage whatsoever, including without limitation any direct, indirect, incidental, exemplary, special, punitive or consequential damages or any damages for loss of profits, savings, revenue, goodwill, business interruption, loss of information or data or other intangible losses, arising from, or in any way connected with the NGW or NGW Content, including the performance, use of, access to, or the inability to use and access the same, regardless of whether Minoils Media Ltd. had been advised of or could have foreseen the possibility of such claim, loss or damage.
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Minoils Media Ltd. will under no circumstances be held liable or responsible for any delay or failure in the performance of the NGW.com and NGW Content resulting directly or indirectly from acts of nature, or causes beyond its reasonable control, including without limitation, internet failures, computer equipment failures, telecommunication failures, other equipment failures, electrical power failures, satellite failures, strikes, labour disputes, riots, insurrections, civil disturbances, shortages of labour or materials, fires, floods, storms, explosions, acts of God, war, governmental actions and orders of domestic or foreign courts or tribunals.
NGW and NGW Content may at any time be temporarily unavailable, inaccessible or inoperable for any reason from time to time, including periodic maintenance, repairs and disruptions as described above which Minoils Media Ltd will make every reasonable effort to minimize such downtimes. Minoils Media Ltd cannot guarantee 100% availability of the NGW and NGW Content, if you are dissatisfied with the NGW and NGW Content for any reason, your sole remedy is to cancel your subscription. in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
9. Choice of Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions will be interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Province of British Columbia, Canada. You agree that in the event of a dispute arising out of these Terms and Conditions, jurisdiction to settle any dispute which may arise out of, under, or in connection with these terms and conditions, the laws of the Province of British Columbia will apply. Any cause of action that you may have must be commenced within one (1) year after the claim or cause of action arises, except where prohibited by applicable law.
You may not license or transfer any of your rights under these terms and conditions. We may transfer any of our rights or obligations under these terms and conditions to any company but if we do so we will ensure that any company to whom we transfer our rights or obligations will continue to honour your rights under them.
If any provision of these terms and conditions is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of that provision will not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these terms and conditions, which will remain in full force and effect.
Failure by either party to exercise any right or remedy under these terms and conditions does not constitute a waiver of that right or remedy. Headings in these terms and conditions are for convenience only and will have no legal meaning or effect.
These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and the NGW relating to your use of the NGW.com website, NGW Content and other online services. These terms and conditions supersede all previous communications, representations and arrangements, either written or oral.
12. Content ownership
All NGW Content belongs to NGW or its licensors who own all intellectual property rights (including copyright and database rights) in the NGW Content and any selection or arrangement of the NGW Content. No intellectual property rights in any NGW Content are transferred to you.
13. Corporate Information
Minoils Media Ltd is the publisher of NGW. The registered corporate office address is c/o Sangra Moller 925 W Georgia St, Vancouver, B.C, Canada V6C 3L2
14. Changes to Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions were published on February 12, 2018 and replace with immediate effect the terms and conditions previously published.
We use the term “NGW” to refer to our website at naturalgasworld.com and our mobile and online digital apps and services. Except where we state otherwise, references in to “NGW” (or “we”, “us” or “our”) refer to the Minoils Media Ltd., which operates naturalgasworld.com.
NGW collects personal information also via third party providers such as analytics tools (Google Analytics and Matomo Analytics), email marketing services (Campaign Monitor), marketing/advertising tools (Hubspot, Adsense and SumoMe), E-Commerce tools (Shopify and EventBrite) and push notification services (Push Engage). These tools provide us with insight and data to improve the user experience in our website, enhance our editorial and commercial work and to allow NGW to know the location of its visitors and subscribers in order to provide its content in a timely and effective manner.
Personal information we might collect from you and why.
- Account information such as name,company/organization, address, postal code, email address and phone number. This information is used to fulfill your request for information, products and services, provide relevant advertising, and respond to your enquiries.
- Subscriber id and passwords so that you may access our services and your account information .
- Collect credit card or banking information if required to complete a sale.
- If you choose to provide it to us, supplementary information such as gender, month and year of birth, income range, the industry sector you work in, your current position, and customer satisfaction information.
We assume you have given us implied consent for some uses:
- By purchasing any of our products or using any of our services, we assume you consent to receive the products, services and information relevant to them including service notifications, newsletters, personalized content and services, relevant advertising, and other communications regarding our products and services.
Uses you can explicitly consent to:
- You may opt-in to receive additional services such as our email newsletters or marketing communications from our advertisers based on your areas of interest. Your email address is not shared with our advertisers.
What you can do if you wish to withdraw your consent or change your personal information:
- If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from our newsletters, marketing and/or service email communications, you may do so by clicking the unsubscribe link provided in the footer of all non-essential communication from NGW.
- You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org to provide an alternate method of contacting you should you wish to unsubscribe from certain email services we consider essential to your service such as billing notices, delivery notices, or password reset requests.
- You can also limit the collection of your information by disabling cookies in your browser. For more information on what cookies are please click here.
- You may update your account information by logging in to naturalgasworld.com clicking “Your Account.” Then go to “Profile “and and follow the “Edit “link.
What is not covered by this policy:
- Information that is not personally identifiable such as type of browser or operating system you are using, your network, our web pages you have visited, other web pages you have visited before and after visiting ours, type of device, general location information and other similar types of anonymous or de-identified information may be collected and used by us and third parties including advertisers.
- Aggregate data that cannot be associated with a specific person, such as the number of visitors and average time spent on a website.
- Personal Information for Editorial Purposes — Information collected for editorial purposes, whether or not it is considered “personal”, is exempt from the requirements of Canadian law and is not covered by this policy. Business contact information including the name, title, business address and telephone number of an employee of an organization, publicly available information such as an individual’s name and address when listed in or made available through a directory, or any other information or circumstance that falls outside the scope of or is exempted by applicable privacy legislation.
The following sets out some additional detail about our business practices as it pertains to your personal information.
We may collect personal information using the following means:
- When you become a subscriber;
- When you register for any of our newsletter or other services:
- By using cookies and similar technologies when you visit our site; and
- By conducting surveys
Cookies are small text files containing a unique identifier that are placed in your browser in order to store information about your web browsing and usage of a the NGW website (“Cookie Data”). Cookies are used by NGW to collect and store usage information such as:
- Anonymized user IDs for logged in Registered Users and Subscribers
- Device IP Address (which does not reveal your identity)
- Usage Data such as the number of page views, frequency of visits, time spent on a particular page and other similar statistics pertaining to your use of our website and services.
We use these technologies to collect information about the usage of our site and may offer users advertising and services that is relevant to them based on how they use the site. By using naturalgasworld.com, you give us and trusted third parties on our website consent to collect Usage Information using cookies and similar technologies and to use it for the purposes specified above.
If you wish to disable or modify your cookie preferences, please consult your browser’s support documentation.
(b) Subscription Information
If you choose to subscribe to a product or service provided by NGW, then we will ask you to provide information to complete the sale including name, email, address, company, telephone number and billing information. We will use your subscription information for internal purposes such as making improvements to our website and analytics, to communicate with you about your subscription and to offer products and services that may be of interest to you.
(c) Mobile Browsing
When you access NGW on your mobile device, such as a smartphone or a tablet computer, using a web browser, we collect similar usage information as we do on other devices. Note that some devices can transmit location data. If you choose to share location data with us, you will be able to turn off such data collection at any time by accessing the privacy settings of your device.
(d) Contests, Promotions, Surveys and Marketing Communications
(e) Social Media
2. How Information may be Used
NGW uses the information we collect for the following purposes:
Fulfill your Request:
To fulfill your request for services. For example, if you want to purchase a subscription to naturalgasworld.com, we will ask you for information including your name and email.
To help us make your experience on our website more convenient. For example, we rely on cookie data to detect when a registered user or a subscriber who has previously signed in visits the site again. It is also used to recall user preferences and information on subsequent visits.
To understand how users interact with our website, to improve the operation and performance of NGW’s products and services, to develop new products and services, to detect fraud, and to improve security.
Communicate Offers and Promotions:
To communicate with you about offers and promotions. You can withdraw your consent to specific types of email communications by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link provided at the bottom of the email message. Note that you will continue to receive communications that directly pertain to your services.
Enforce Terms and Conditions:
We reserve the right to contact you if we have reason to believe that you have violated our Terms and Conditions.
3. Security and Disclosure
NGW has put in place reasonable physical, electronic, contractual and managerial measures to protect the information we collect from loss, theft, and unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification.
Information stored abroad:
In some cases, NGW may disclose personal information to service providers to perform activities outside of Canada on our behalf. Your personal information may also be transferred outside of Canada for storage and processing. As a result, secure storage, use and access to your personal information may be subject to the laws of those countries.
We may disclose your personal information to our affiliates for administrative purposes. We may disclose your personal information to third parties if you have violated our terms of service or conditions of purchase, or if we need to comply with applicable laws and lawful governmental requests, other legal and regulatory authorities or for other legal reasons. We may disclose your personal information on a confidential basis to parties connected with any contemplated or actual financing, insuring, sale, assignment or other disposal of all or part of our business or assets.
Contacting us regarding your privacy:
Data Protection Officer - João Salviano - email@example.com