• Natural Gas News

    Walyering gas field's environmental plan gets green light


Sydney-listed Strike Energy sanctioned the Walyering gas field for development in August last year.

by: Shardul Sharma

Posted in:

Complimentary, Natural Gas & LNG News, Asia/Oceania, Security of Supply, News By Country, Australia

Walyering gas field's environmental plan gets green light

ASX-listed Strike Energy on March 14 announced that the environmental plan for the construction and commissioning of the Walyering gas field has been approved by the Western Australian authorities.

Strike has now received key regulatory approvals, pipeline license and now the environmental plan which will support construction and commissioning operations. The only remaining approval is Strike’s safety case which will manage the safety systems for production operations and is expected to be approved in the coming weeks.


The National Gas Company of Trinidad and Tobago Limited (NGC) NGC’s HSSE strategy is reflective and supportive of the organisational vision to become a leader in the global energy business.


S&P 2023

Construction and commissioning work is estimated to take approximately six weeks with production operations to follow on completion of pipeline connection. Commencement of production and gas sales is expected to occur in April subject to the completion of the connection to APA Group’s Parmelia gas pipeline and final quality assurances of the upstream facility, Strike said.

Strike said that the upstream facility remains largely on budget however cost increases have been incurred in the well completions, increased scope associated with improving facility reliability and APA’s pipeline connection. Overall Strike’s latest estimate indicates that the upstream scope is now A$19.2mn with APA’s scope increasing to A$3.8mn.

Walyering is a conventional gas discovery located within the exploration permit (EP) 447, in the onshore Perth basin. Strike operates EP447 with 55% interest, while Talon Energy owns the remaining 45% interest.

Strike sanctioned the Walyering gas field for development in August last year. The final investment decision was made following the completion of the recent independent certification of a 54.2 PJ 2P gas reserve for the Walyering gas field. Recently, the joint venture signed a gas supply agreement with Santos.