Touchstone brings on stream Cascadura flow onshore Trinidad
London-listed Touchstone has brought on stream a natural gas and liquids facility at the Cascadura field, situated on Trinidad and Tobago's onshore Ortoire block, it said on September 7.
Production began on September 6, and gas flow from the field's two wells is intended to reach 60mn ft3/day (10,000 barrels of oil equivalent/day) over the coming weeks. All gas from separators and liquids storage tanks is captured and recycled back into the system to boost sales volumes, and the facility runs from its own solar and gas-fired generation for its power needs.
The National Gas Company of Trinidad and Tobago Limited (NGC) NGC’s HSSE strategy is reflective and supportive of the organisational vision to become a leader in the global energy business.
The overall production capacity of the facility is 200mn ft3/d of gas and 5,000 b/d of liquids. It was constructed over the past year.
Touchstone CEO Paul Baay described the launch of Cascadura as the company's "most significant milestone to date ... transitioning us to a majority natural gas weighted production company."
Gas from the field is sold to the National Gas Company of Trinidad and Tobago (NGC) via a pipeline, at a fixed price. Baay said this arrangement would "deliver a significantly increased predictable cashflow stream to be reinvested in the future development of our extensive Trinidad asset base."
Cascadura is the second field that Touchstone has launched at the Ortoire block, the first being Coho, which entered production in October 2022. Touchstone has a 80% operating interest in the block, while Heritage Petroleum holds the remaining 20% share.