• Natural Gas News

    Sinopec to develop Iraq's Mansuriyah gas field

Summary

The Chinese state-own company will have a 49% interest in the field.

by: Shardul Sharma

Posted in:

Complimentary, Natural Gas & LNG News, Asia/Oceania, Middle East, Security of Supply, Corporate, Exploration & Production, Investments, Political, Ministries, News By Country, Iraq

Sinopec to develop Iraq's Mansuriyah gas field

Chinese state-owned energy company Sinopec has signed a deal to develop the Mansuriyah gas field in Iraq, the Iraqi oil ministry said last week.

The field is estimated to have gas reserves of 4.5 trillion ft3 and is expected to produce 300mn ft3/day of gas. Sinopec will have a 49% interest in the field and Iraq's state-owned Midland Oil Company will own the rest 51%.

According to the Iraqi government, the Mansuriyah gas field is the second-largest gas field in Iraq.