Poland to Run Annual Capacity Auctions
Polish gas transmission system operator Gaz-System, which also runs the Polish section of the Yamal-Western Europe transit gas pipeline, said June 28 it will hold yearly capacity auctions.
This year's auctions are scheduled for July 2, 2018, at 7am (UTC, Universal Time Coordinated) on the GSA Platform - which is used for capacity booking at interconnection points. Market players will be able to book the firm capacity within yearly products, providing the capacity for at least five gas years, but not exceeding 15 gas years. The auctions will cover all interconnection points and be under EU rules.
Gaz-System's offer comprises the following interconnection points between its national transmission system and neighbouring systems:
• Entry point GCP GAZ-SYSTEM/Ontras at the Polish-German border
• Exit point GCP GAZ-SYSTEM/Ontras at the Polish-German border
• Entry point Cieszyn at the Polish-Czech border
• Entry point Drozdowicze at the Polish-Ukraine border
• Entry point Wysokoje at the Polish-Belarusian border
• Entry point Tietierowka at the Polish-Belarusian border
• Entry point Point of Interconnection (PWP)
The offer of GAZ-SYSTEM ISO encompasses the following interconnection points at the Yamal gas pipeline:
• Entry point SGT Kondratki
• Exit point SGT Mallnow
• Entry point SGT Mallnow Rewers
• Exit point SGT Point of Interconnection (PWP)
Any firm capacity left unsold in the form of yearly products provided for the next gas year (from October 1, 2018 to September 30, 2019) will then be offered to market participants over short-term bidding, including: quarterly, monthly, daily and intra-day products. The auctions for interruptible capacity relating to the yearly products is scheduled for July 16, 2018, at the GSA Platform.
Further information is available on Gaz-System's website.