• Natural Gas News

    Petronas finds gas in Block SK411 offshore Malaysia

Summary

The Hadrah-1 well was drilled to a total depth of 1,850 m.

by: Shardul Sharma

Posted in:

Complimentary, NGW News Alert, Natural Gas & LNG News, Asia/Oceania, Security of Supply, Corporate, Exploration & Production, News By Country, Malaysia

Petronas finds gas in Block SK411 offshore Malaysia

Petronas Carigali, a subsidiary of state-run Petronas, has made a gas discovery at the Hadrah-1 wildcat exploration well of Block SK411 offshore Malaysia, Petronas said on January 7. 

The Hadrah-1 well was drilled to a total depth of 1,850 m in November and encountered gas within an approximately 200 m thick sequence of high-quality sandstone and carbonate reservoirs, the company said. 

Petronas Carigali is the operator of the block, with 90% participating interest in its production sharing contract. The remaining 10% is held by E&P Malaysia Venture.  

Hadrah-1 is Petronas’ third gas discovery in this province in 2021, after Sirung-1 and Kulintang-1 in March and May respectively.