Origin, Falcon Spud Beetaloo Well
Australia's Origin Energy has spudded the Kyalla 117 N2-1 appraisal well in the Beetaloo Sub-Basin in the Northern Territory, its Sydney-listed partner Falcon Oil & Gas said on October 9.
The Kyalla 117 N2-1 is the first well in Origin's stage-two drilling programme to target the Kyalla shale liquids-rich gas play. It is located within exploration permit 117 approximately 32 km north of the Beetaloo W-1 well.
“The spudding of the Kyalla 117 N2-1 appraisal well is an exciting development for Falcon and marks the re-commencement of the drilling programme with our JV partner. We look forward to updating the market as soon as results become available,” Falcon CEO Philip O’Quigley said.
Origin holds an operating interest of 70% and Falcon Oil & Gas the remaining 30% in the Beetaloo exploration permits 76, 98 and 117.