• Natural Gas News

    Jadestone Energy's Akatara gas project in Indonesia nears completion


The gas processing facility has been constructed.

by: Shardul Sharma

Posted in:

Natural Gas & LNG News, Asia/Oceania, Security of Supply, Corporate, News By Country, Indonesia

Jadestone Energy's Akatara gas project in Indonesia nears completion

Jadestone Energy announced on 6 June that the Akatara gas development project onshore Indonesia is close to commissioning with the completion of the gas processing facility.

“The Akatara gas processing facility is nearing the key milestone of mechanical completion, where all components and systems of the facility will have been constructed, installed, and tested,” the company stated.

Jadestone Energy indicated that the focus is now on the final commissioning of the plant ahead of introducing wellhead gas. The project remains on schedule for gas into the facility in approximately two weeks, with commercial gas, LPG, and condensate sales to follow shortly thereafter.

The workover campaign on the five existing Akatara wells, which will provide gas to the facility, has been completed, flowing at an aggregate rate of 54mn ft3/day, significantly exceeding the approximately 25mn ft3/day of raw feed gas required under the gas sales agreement.

Additionally, the 17 km pipeline that will deliver gas into the regional gas trunkline has been successfully tested and is now ready to receive Akatara gas.

The Lemang production sharing contract contains the Akatara gas field development, which was sanctioned in June 2022. The field has been independently estimated to contain 18.7mn barrels of oil equivalent of gross 2C resources.

The company bought a 90% stake in the PSC in 2020 from Mandala Energy. Two years later, Jadestone completed the acquisition of the remaining 10% interest in the project.

The Akatara project will supply gas to local gas-fired power plants while the condensate and LPG will be sold for local residential use. In 2021, Jadestone reached an agreement to sell gas from the Akatara gas field to local utility Pelayanan Listrik Nasional Batam.