Available Exclusively to NGW Subscribers:
Volume 1, Issue 1 - February 10, 2020
How will the gas industry evolve in the low-carbon world of the future?
Will natural gas be a bridge or a destination?
Could it become the foundation of a global hydrogen economy, in combination with CCS?
How big will “green” hydrogen and biogas become?
What will be the role of LNG and bio-LNG in transport?
Gas Transitions is an independent monthly magazine providing news, insights and opinions on the evolving role of gas in an increasingly low-carbon energy system.
Available monthly to NGW Premium Subscribers.
In this Issue:
In Gas Transitions, we will closely track how climate concerns are likely to affect the future of natural gas. For the natural gas industry at this moment there seems little to worry about.
The decade of hydrogen
As costs go down, hydrogen future “closer than we think”
Gas transition news
- Belgian companies to produce hydrogen from offshore wind
- Germany plans power-to-x hub
- New electrolysis technology promises steep cost reduction
- Swedish SSAB aims to be first fossil-free steelmaker
- EU wants to see big increase in green gases, sees “pivotal role” for hydrogen
Fossil-free won’t end need for imports
Decarbonisation won’t end European energy dependence.
Germany makes hydrogen pitch
Germany wants to “beat Asia” in race for global hydrogen leadership